Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A superb sauce with that Middle Eastern flavour from the Tahini. My six sisters-in-law tried to decide what was in the sauce! Hence the name...me being the seventh sister! Delicious in chicken sandwiches, over grilled meats and also as a dip.
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 1⁄2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini, sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Put natural yogurt, mayonnaise and Tahini sauce in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add mustard, honey, lemon and stir.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add any of the ingredients again to suit your taste.
We love the flavor of Tahini so I decided to try your "Seven Sisters Secret Sauce". I used it as a dipping sauce with pita bread wedges while we enjoyed our cocktail hour before dinner. Just put the ingredients in a bowl, stir and serve...doesn't get much easier than that! Thanks for sharing this.
Excellent combination! Omit honey and add a few drops of vinegar to get a different taste. Yummy!
This was a really good sauce, perfect for that leftover tahini that I always seem to have hanging around. Next time I will be more careful about how much lemon juice I add, or add more honey, because it was a bit on the tart side. But I kept sticking my finger in the bowl just the same. I served it over fish and rice.