Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
for variation you can add 1/4 cup cocoa to the egg white mixture before beating or 2 tsp fruit flavoring plus food coloring
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, sugar substitute, water and salt in top of double boiler. Beat til frothy.
- Place over boiling water.
- Beat constantly until it thickens and will hold peaks.
- Remove from boiling water.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Continue beating until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- (will also cover 30 cupcakes).
Sorry but you do have to have some sugar for this to work