Recipe by Miss_Amy
Yes, there are only six ingredients...the seventh is supposed to be love or some nonsense like that. Folksy comments aside, these are freakishly tasty. My old recipe was too sweet for my liking, so I adjusted it to this format while retaining the same amazing taste. Unsweetened flaked coconut can be found in the bulk foods section of many natural foods and regular grocery stores. If you cannot find it, sweetened flaked coconut is an acceptable substitute, though it will make your bars substantially sweeter (and perhaps necessitate you to cut them smaller so they're not too rich).
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9"x13" pan with aluminum foil, leaving about 2" of extra foil hanging over 9" edges of pan. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave or on stovetop in a pot, and pour over foil. Spread graham cracker crumbs evenly over butter, mixing together with your hands. Press this crust into the base of the pan.
- Mix together sweetened condensed milk and coconut, and dollop mixture over crumb crust layer. Spread gently with the back of a spoon into an even layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top, followed by walnuts in the same manner.
- Bake 20-25 min., or until coconut begins to brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan. Once cooled, remove from pan by grabbing the foil that's sticking out on each side, and set on cutting board. Slice into 35 bars (That's 7 on the 13" side, and 5 on the 9".) If you want to make this slicing process easier, refrigerate or freeze bars until they are a little firmer before cutting.