Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We clipped this recipe from the coupon section a few years ago and enjoy the tasty treat at Christmas. We like to add red and green baking bits on top to make them festive, and we sometimes leave out the nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees if using a glass dish).
- In a 13x9-inch baking pan, melt butter in oven.
- Sprinkle crumbs evenly on top of the butter.
- Top with remaining ingredients in order listed; press down firmly with fork.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool; chill if desired.
- Cut into bars and store covered at room temperature.
I lost my recipe for these, so have been looking at many of the ones posted. Almost all of them, people mention in their reviews, problems with the crust. The key is to drizzle the condensed milk over the crumbs, before adding the other layers, then taking a fork and pressing everything down, starting at one end of the pan and working your way across in rows to the other end of the pan. Great recipe ... so glad you posted.
I enjoyed these, made as written except used white choc chips in place of butterscotch. Mine never really harded into bars, there didn't seem to be enough crust on the bottom to pick it up and eat it. Next time I would make additional crust. It tastes delicious though, even though I am eating it with a fork.
We love these bars. I have never made them before using both butterscotch and chocolate chips and they are very good.