Recipe by dawnie2u
Be sure to use a thickish tortilla chip with this tropical appetizer. This dip will disappear quickly. You may use regular salsa or any fruit salsa you prefer. You may also layer this on a decorative serving dish, which is what I usually do.
Top Review by saltysally
This dip was a huge success at the party that I took it to. I used fresh mango salsa and served whole grain crackers. Rather than dipping it, most people spooned it onto the crackers. Fresh mango salsa is really simple; chop ripe mango, cilantro, a little onion,and a splash of vinegar. Mash it a bit with a potato masher. The dip could stand up to more spice, some hot sauce or Tony Cachere's would do the trick. Overall, fantastic!
- 3⁄4 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces canned green chilies
- 12 ounces mango salsa
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 3⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (finely shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, pepper, garlic together until smooth.
- Spray the springform pan with a non-stick shortening spray.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in 9" springform.
- Layer the spread the green chiles over the cream cheese mixture.
- Next layer the mango salsa, green onions, chopped shrimp, and black olives.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place on large plate and remove springform sides.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips.