Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen English peas
- 1 cup mayonnaise, mixed with 1 tablespoon sugar
- Layer in the following order in a large 4-qt bowl: Lettuce, celery onion, peas,bacon, cheese and spre ad the mayonnaise mixture over all, sealing the entire top to the edges.
- Refrigerate overnight without covering.
- Toss before serving.
- Reduce the fat and calories by using no-fat mayonnaise, reduced-fat cheese, and imitation low-fat bacon bits.
I love this salad. My Mom use to make this when I was a kid.
I'm not a salad fan, but this is really good. I used a trifle bowl, and it looked so pretty, I almost hated to eat. It was a huge hit of our party! Thank you!