- 1 medium head of lettuce, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup red onion ring
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- to taste water chestnut, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer in order given in container with a top that seals, cover with small bottle of blue cheese dressing (I use about 3/4's jar of Marie's blue cheese or can use ranch) chill overnight, before serving add 1/2 lb.
- bacon crumbled & 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese & toss.
- I adapted this recipe from the one using green peas.
- In lieu of cauliflower & mushrooms, add one can of drained LeSueur peas.
- Marian Allen