Recipe by Theresa P
This is a variation of the old "seven layer salad", but a good one! Cook time is for frying the bacon.
Top Review by Cookbook Barbie
Theresa, this was so good! The dressing is perfect-smooth and creamy. And the veggies and bacon add the perfect crunch. We had it as a side dish, but it could easily be a full meal in itself. We loved it.
- 1 head lettuce
- 6 -8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 (1 ounce) packageshredded cheese (cheddar or monterey jack)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear lettuce into a large glass bowl.
- Layer all other vegetables in order given, (start with eggs).
- Prepare dressing and spread over top of salad, covering completely all the way to edges to seal salad.
- Sprinkle bacon and shredded cheese over dressing.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.