Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a variation of the old "seven layer salad", but a good one! Cook time is for frying the bacon.
- 1 head lettuce
- 6 -8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 (1 ounce) packageshredded cheese (cheddar or monterey jack)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- Tear lettuce into a large glass bowl.
- Layer all other vegetables in order given, (start with eggs).
- Prepare dressing and spread over top of salad, covering completely all the way to edges to seal salad.
- Sprinkle bacon and shredded cheese over dressing.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.
Theresa, this was so good! The dressing is perfect-smooth and creamy. And the veggies and bacon add the perfect crunch. We had it as a side dish, but it could easily be a full meal in itself. We loved it.
We took this salad to a dinner with my brother and his family. Their two sons (5 and 3 years old) loved it. Everyone went back for seconds and we had no leftovers! Our younger nephew told his Mom that he wanted her to make it some time. The only variation we made to the recipe was to use red/yellow/orange bell pepper instead of green.
This was a very popular salad with my family. They just raved over it. Thanks for posting.