Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen English peas
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, boiled
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp
- to taste mayonnaise
- to taste swiss cheese, grated
- Layer first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Spread mayonnaise over the top as if you were icing a cake. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over the mayonnaise and chill.
- This taste best when chilled overnight.
- Just before serving, toss salad making sure mayonnaise and cheese is distributed throughout the salad.
This is really good for a little something different. Also, you may want to vary the mayonnaise by adding cream cheese, a few chives, garlic powder and maybe a few other spices occasionally. But it is really fine just "as is." I really enjoyed this. Thanks!
Everyone raved about this salad at a friend's potluck - We even discussed different and additional layers that could be added. This recipe just became a staple at my home and several friends homes!!! Thank you for posting!!!
Yummy! This was so good and so easy to prepare. I cheated and used a package of shredded lettuce and omitted the onions. It was very tasty and satisfied this pregnant womans' craving!(= Thanks for sharing!