Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make sure to serve this in a deep glass bowl, so you can show off the colorful layers. This is especially good the day after.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook bacon crisply, crumble and set aside.
- In a large deep glass bowl, place the chopped lettuce first, and top with a layer of cauliflower, onion, peas, eggs, then cheddar cheese.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayo, sugar, vinegar and Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle over salad, top with crumbled bacon, and refrigerate until chilled.
Wow, this was sooo good! I never would have guessed the flavor that comes from this salad. It is hard to stop eating! I even hate peas, but gobbled up every bite without picking them out! I made this for a family picnic and people kept saying, ooh who made the salad?? That was a great compliment! I can't wait to make it again!
I made this for Mother's Day. I made it with Splenda instead of sugar. I also added pepper jack cheese. Excellent.
Very good. I served this at my son's Baptism party alongside ham and Crock Pot Hash Browns Casserole. I made it in my clear glass punchbowl so the layers could be seen. Leftovers kept well for about three days, until they were gone.