Recipe by Mary Scheffert
Great salad for potlucks or family get-togethers. Always seems to be a crowd-pleaser!
Top Review by chickendog
You've got the right idea. My version has no bell pepper. I dice the celery fine, add sliced water chestnuts, sliced radishes, sliced black olives, and use Monterey Jack cheese. No Miracle whip, please. Not too much bacon here, also. I found that your recipe more closely resembled mine, and I find it to be the most delicious salad ever. It's addicting. Good job. I have more layers, but 7 layers is just a name.
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas (uncooked & still frozen!)
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced or chopped
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, , sliced or chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Light Miracle Whip) or 1 cup salad dressing (I use Light Miracle Whip)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (1/2 cup) ouncesshredded cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, , crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lettuce on bottom of 13x9 dish.
- Add (in layers) peas, onion, green pepper& eggs.
- Combine mayonnaise& sugar- spread on top of eggs, sealing to edges.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, then bacon.
- Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap& store in refrigerator.
- Serve next day.