Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Great salad for potlucks or family get-togethers. Always seems to be a crowd-pleaser!
Make and share this Seven Layer Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas (uncooked & still frozen!)
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced or chopped
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, , sliced or chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Light Miracle Whip) or 1 cup salad dressing (I use Light Miracle Whip)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (1/2 cup) ouncesshredded cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, , crumbled
- Place lettuce on bottom of 13x9 dish.
- Add (in layers) peas, onion, green pepper& eggs.
- Combine mayonnaise& sugar- spread on top of eggs, sealing to edges.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, then bacon.
- Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap& store in refrigerator.
- Serve next day.
You've got the right idea. My version has no bell pepper. I dice the celery fine, add sliced water chestnuts, sliced radishes, sliced black olives, and use Monterey Jack cheese. No Miracle whip, please. Not too much bacon here, also. I found that your recipe more closely resembled mine, and I find it to be the most delicious salad ever. It's addicting. Good job. I have more layers, but 7 layers is just a name.
The best seven layer salad I have made. You can buy real bacon already cooked and chopped at the store. Make sure it is not the freeze dried bits......it will say real bacon on the bottle or package.
My mom would make me this salad when we had guests over and it always wowed everyone. It's one of my fav's.