Top Review by Marsha D.
This was a wonderful salad. I liked the curry flavor in this. I didn't have bow tie pasta so I used the multi- colored spiral pasta. I also didn't have any yogurt so I subbed with sour cream. I also added some chopped ham and turkey meat I had lefted over in the ref. I scaled this down to 4 servings since its just DH and I here at home. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe :)
- 2 (4 ounce) cupsuncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (9 ounce) cupshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Place broccoli in boiling water.
- Cover and cook 1 minute; drain.
- Immediately rinse with cold water; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, layer tomatoes, broccoli, bell pepper and onion in 2-quart glass serving bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and curry powder in medium bowl.
- Stir in pasta.
- Layer pasta evenly over onion in serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with bacon bits and parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.