1/1 Photo of Seven Layer Mediterranean Dip With Rosemary Butter Flatbread
This has many of my favorite appetizers all in one dish. Consists of layers of Wild Mushroom Couscous, Spicy Lemon Hummus, Kalamata Olive Tapenade, marinated artichoke hearts, feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, and parsley. Makes an impressive presentation with all the rich colors. Some individual layers require their own separate preparation in advance of assembling the dip. The flatbread is a perfect complement to this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Wild Mushroom Couscous
- 1 cup plain cooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -5 shiitake mushrooms, soaked and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon oregano
Spicy Lemon Hummus
Kalamata Olive Tapenade
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup parsley, minced
Flatbread with Rosemary Butter
- 1Prepare the Wild Mushroom Couscous.
- 2Cook 1 cup of plain couscous according to package directions and let it cool to room temperature.
- 3Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil.
- 4Pour into couscous and add the next 5 ingredients, stirring to mix well.
- 5Line a nine-inch glass pie plate with the wild mushroom couscous.
- 6Prepare the Spicy Lemon Hummus.
- 7Stir the ground cumin and black pepper into the prepared lemon hummus.
- 8Spread the spicy lemon hummus on top of the couscous mixture.
- 9Prepare the Kalamata Olive Tapenade.
- 10Mince garlic in food processor and then add the next seven ingredients.
- 11Slowly add the olive oil while the blade is running. Process until smooth.
- 12Spread one cup of the tapenade over the hummus layer. (The recipe will make slightly more tapenade than you need).
- 13Arrange chopped artichoke hearts as the next layer, followed in turn by layers of feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, and parsley.
- 14Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- 15Prepare the Flatbread with Rosemary Butter.
- 16Stir rosemary into the melted butter and brush on the flatbread. Heat on baking tray in 350 degree oven for one to two minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seven Layer Mediterranean Dip With Rosemary Butter Flatbread
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 376.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: