Adding the extra crumbs and mixing the crumbs separately give these bars a base that is sturdy enough to eat without crumbling.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for glass baking pan).
- In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well.
- Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Layer evenly with remaining ingredients;press down firmly with fork.
- Pour condensed milk evenly over bars.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Chilling whole pan in fridge makes cutting a breeze.
- Cut into bars or diamonds.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature or freeze.