Prep 24 hrs
Cook 24 hrs
The first time I made this my kids were in awe. They loved the colors. I took it to a church potluck and it was gone really quick. The recipe takes time as the jello layers need to set - however the presentation is very nice. I think this is a TOH recipe.
- In a bowl, dissolve on package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water.
- Add 3/4 cup cold water; stir.
- Pour carefully into 13x9 inch dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Refrigerate until almost set, about 40 minutes.
- In a bowl, dissolve another package of gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup evaporated milk.
- Stir. Spoon over first layer.
- Refrigerate until almost set, about 40 minutes.
- Repeat 5 times, alternating plain gelatin with creamy gelatin, refrigerating 40 minutes between layers.
- Just before serving, spread top with whipped topping.
- Garnish with mint and fresh fruit if desired.
My family has been making this for years & it's always at hit! It does take awhile to make it, but it's definitely worth it. It's good with any flavor combinations.