Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe my grandmother always made as a very tasty appetizer. You can adjust the spiciness by using mild or hot salsa.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) container guacamole
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, mild or hot
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- In small bowl, mix taco seasoning with sour cream.
- Evenly spread beans on the bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Spread sour cream over beans, followed by guacamole, then salsa.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I found this recipe was not quite what I was looking for. I had expected something with a fresher taste, but this stuff wasn't bad. When I make this again, I'll put the taco seasoning in the refried beans and won't use salsa at all, but rather some diced tomatoes and green onions and green chilies. I used only a half pound of shredded cheese and it was more than enough. The dip isn't bad, however it has served as a starting point for what I am really looking for.
Very good! I topped it with just a few green onions on top. Wonderful, thank you.