Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this easy to assemble, no bake appetizer! It always gets gobbled up right away!
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 ounce) packaged ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 chopped avocado (optional)
- Spread beans into the bottom of an 8x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Blend sour cream and salad dressing mix, spread over beans.
- Layer remaining ingredients.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This dip was so easy to put together and tasted great. I used Mexican blend shredded cheese, did not add the chopped avocado, and served with scoop tortilla chips. I think I would use half of the can of green chilies as I wasnt to fond of them with olives. By the time my DBIL's birthday party was over there was just a serving or two left. Thank you Megan V for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for Spring 2009 Pick A Chef.
This couldn't have been easier to assemble, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I thought the ranch dressing was a nice twist to the usual 7 layer dip, though it did make it less "mexican" in character. I used mild chilies and fresh tomatoes.