Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is actually an 9 layer dip but I think the common name for it is 7 layer dip. My mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid. This is very simple to make no cooking time required, just a minute or so of microwaving!
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Heat beans in the microwave for one or two minutes so they are spreadable.
- Carefully spread beans onto a serving platter in an even layer.
- Spread guacamole in a layer on top of the beans.
- Spread sour cream in a layer on top of guacamole.
- Pour taco sauce on top of sour cream and spread in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the black olives on top of the taco sauce.
- Sprinkle the onions on top of the black olives.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes in a layer on top of the onions.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the tomatoes.
- Finally top of with a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Serve with warm tortillas or tortilla chips and salsa.
Have made this several times but have a layer of 1/2 lb of cooked hamburger in it.
Great recipe. We all liked your recipe. Thanks for posting.
Awesome!!! I didn't have taco sauce so I mixed taco seasoning in with the sour cream and it was still a hit.