Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Good casserole for a cold day--very hearty dish.
- 1 quart diced potato (raw)
- 1⁄2 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef (may use deer or any very LEAN meat)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- bacon (enough to cover the top of the casserole)
- Put potatoes in 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle rice over potatoes.
- Sprinkle onions over rice.
- Break up ground meat all over onions.
- Pour can of tomato soup over meat (adding just enough water to make it pour able).
- Bake in 350° oven till all ingredients are done and bacon is browned, about 45 minutes.
- (Make sure meat is LEAN, as bacon provides more than enough fat).