Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- sliced potato (1-2 inch layer)
- sliced onion (1-2 inch layer)
- sliced carrot (1-2 inch layer)
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can peas (with liquid)
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) can vegetable soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup, diluted with
- 1 (10 ounce) can hot water
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large, deep casserole layer ingredients in order given.
- Bake covered for 1 hour.
- Turn sausage.
- Leave casserole uncovered for another hour of baking.
Tried this a few days ago for dinner and was thrilled at how well it turned out. The only thing different i did was substituted mushroom soup for the tomato soup but it still turned out great.Will be trying it again. Thanks.