Recipe by iewe
This is quick and easy to throw together, and the V8 gives it a little sweetness to the spiciness. Easy to tweak to personal tastes as well. Could be thrown into a crockpot as well to really let those flavors mix together!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Except for using some frozen, shredded turkey breast that was left over from last month, I more or less followed the recipe, though I did include a bit of lemon pepper, as well as a 3rd can of the kidney beans! VERY, VERY NICE TASTING CHILI, & definitely a recipe I'd like to make again ~ Thank you for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders' Fall in Love with Red Special]
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable juice, V8 brand
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the turkey, onion, chili powder and cumin in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the turkey is well browned, stirring often.
- Add the vegetable juice, pepper and beans to the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.