Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is quick and easy to throw together, and the V8 gives it a little sweetness to the spiciness. Easy to tweak to personal tastes as well. Could be thrown into a crockpot as well to really let those flavors mix together!
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable juice, V8 brand
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Cook the turkey, onion, chili powder and cumin in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the turkey is well browned, stirring often.
- Add the vegetable juice, pepper and beans to the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Except for using some frozen, shredded turkey breast that was left over from last month, I more or less followed the recipe, though I did include a bit of lemon pepper, as well as a 3rd can of the kidney beans! VERY, VERY NICE TASTING CHILI, & definitely a recipe I'd like to make again ~ Thank you for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders' Fall in Love with Red Special]
This is very yummy. I did use the hot and spicy V8 juice because we enjoy the heat. This grows on you. At first we weren't sure how much we liked it, but the more we ate the more we loved it. It does need salt added to it. You could also add more spices like ground coriander or a touch of vinegar would be good too. This is a nice recipe to play around with. Thanks for posting. :)