Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is Veena Girish Kumar's recipe from the Thursday magazine dated Aug 17th-23rd'06. Enjoy!
- 1 cup gram flour (beasan)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups ghee
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine together all ingredients except the cashews and almonds.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick pan.
- Cook on low heat until the mixture thickens(takes about 40 minutes).
- Fold in the chopped cashews and almonds.
- Stir for another 10 minutes.
- Grease a plate with ghee.
- Pour the mixture into it and spread it evenly.
- Cut into square or diamond shapes immediately.
- Allow it to settle down.
- Garnish with finely chopped cashews and almonds before serving.