Recipe by Nanita
It may not be gourmet, but it's easy and it's good. I got this recipe from the back of a bag of supermarket brand colby-jack shredded cheese. You can substitute an equal amount of cooked cubed or shredded chicken for the canned chicken if you prefer.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans chicken breasts
- 18 corn tortillas, cut in quarters
- 2 -3 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour chicken broth into a large bowl. Soak quartered tortillas in broth for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove tortillas. Add all remaining ingredients except the cheese to the bowl and mix together.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer ingredients in dish as follows, repeating as necessary: tortillas, chicken/soup mixture, cheese. Be sure to end with a layer of tortillas topped by a layer of cheese.
- Bake approximately 1 hour.