The 7-bone chuck steak is a pretty tough piece of meat, but it does have a lot of flavor. It is also inexpensive and needs to be braised to best results. This recipe is done in the oven. It is adapted from a blog - Happy Stove, http://www.happystove.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season steak with salt, pepper, and garlic; rub seasoning all over to distribute evenly.
- Place steak in a large baking dish and lay the rosemary sprigs on top; roast for about 20 minutes.
- Pour wine over steak and roast until tender, an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes then slice into serving pieces.