Recipe by threeovens
The 7-bone chuck steak is a pretty tough piece of meat, but it does have a lot of flavor. It is also inexpensive and needs to be braised to best results. This recipe is done in the oven. It is adapted from a blog - Happy Stove, http://www.happystove.com.
- 4 lbs chuck steaks (7-bone steak)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced (or minced)
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (for more robust flavor) or 1⁄2 cup red wine (for more robust flavor)
- 5 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 onion, cut in chucks
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Season steak with salt, pepper, and garlic; rub seasoning all over to distribute evenly. Brown meat for 3-4 minutes on each side in a roaster.
- Lay the rosemary sprigs on top; roast for about 1 hour.
- Pour wine over steak and continue to roast 1 hour. Add potatoes, carrots and sliced mushrooms and cook with roast an additional 45-60 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes then slice into serving pieces.