Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This comes out great- i usually serve this with noodles. I came up with this recipe with things i had on hand-then trial and error. I love the pressure cooker- the meals which I make after work taste like I have been cooking all day!
- 3 lbs 7 bone chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 sweet onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in large deep pan then brown roast on both sides- place roast in bottom of pressure cooker.
- In same pan/oil- brown onions and garlic ( both of which have been chopped)-then put onions and garlic over roast in pressure cooker pot.
- Pour all the other ingredients in the pressure cooker pot.
- Bring to high pressure and cook at high pressure for one hour.
- Let pressure come down naturally- " natural release method".
- After pressure is completely down let roast sit in unopened pressure cooker for at least another 20 minutes.
- Open cooker-serve over rice or noodles.
I forgot to use the stars last time... My comments were: This is the first time I've used my pressure cooker for a roast as well as my first "Seven-bone Chuck Roast". Not only was it simple to prepare, my family RAVED about it. I have a 7, 4, and 3 year old to contend with and they all asked for multiple helpings both the first night and the next day for lunch. I can't say enough good about this roast. I'm going to try the recipe tonight with a different boneless rib roast that I found on sale today. SOOOO Happy.