Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My sister got this recipe from a friend in an RV park. It's easy, fast to put together and tastes good. "Ranch" is the brand name of the beans, but they can be hard to find unless you're in Texas or WalMart, so other ranch-style beans can be substituted.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 (19 ounce) cans minestrone soup (Progresso is best)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (more or less, to taste)
- Brown the ground beef.
- While that's happening, open all the cans.
- Drain the ground beef, dump everything in a large pot and simmer about one hour.
- It can also be made in a crock pot.
- Time isn't critical, since all the ingredients are already cooked. Low temperature would be best.
- NOTE: Be sure you read the label on the tomatoes. Both my sister and I thought this was a little too spicy and kept cutting down on the chili powder. Then we discovered that Rotel with chilies now come in different degrees of hot.