- 226.79 g tempeh
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 236.59 ml red onion, diced
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 946.36 ml canned tomato puree
- 236.59 ml diced tomato
- 9.85 ml basil
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- spaghetti, cooked per package instructions (1/2-1 lb)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw tempeh overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to prepare, cut tempeh into 1/2 inch cubes and steam in a double boiler for 20 minutes.
- While the tempeh is steaming, saute olive oil, garlic, red onion, and mushrooms in a saucepan until the onions and mushrooms are tender.
- Then, add canned tomato puree (not tomato sauce), diced tomatoes, tempeh, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes on medium-low heat while preparing spaghetti noodles.
- Serve over spaghetti.