Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
People back home in India make this around Holi time. I am very fond of it.
- 1⁄2 kg gram flour
- 10 g ajwain
- 10 g ginger-garlic paste
- 10 g salt
- 10 g red chili powder
- 1 liter ghee, to fry
- 200 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first five ingredients in a bowl and knead together to make a soft batter.
- Heat ghee in a wok and bring to a smoking point.
- Take a sieve and hold it in yur hand on top of the wok.
- Put the batter in the sieve and rub it so that it falls in the hot oil.
- Mix the deep fried sev with the help of a karchi (big flat spoon with holes).
- Remove and place on a kitchen towel to drain the oil.
- Serve hot and crisp.