1/1 Photo of Seswaa (Stewed Beef)
3 hrs 10 mins
This is a very simple recipe from Botswana in Africa. It is often served with a cornmeal porridge, but polenta will also go well. Usually it is reserved for special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium high heat and brown the beef on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- 3Season with salt, then cover with water; cover Dutch oven and bring contents to a boil.
- 4Place Dutch oven in the pre-heated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours; meat should be very tender.
- 5Shred beef and season with additional salt, if needed.
- 6Liquid can be reduced, or thickened, to your liking by boiling it down further on the stove-top.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seswaa (Stewed Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 136.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 37.0 g