Recipe by threeovens
This is a very simple recipe from Botswana in Africa. It is often served with a cornmeal porridge, but polenta will also go well. Usually it is reserved for special occasions.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium high heat and brown the beef on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, then cover with water; cover Dutch oven and bring contents to a boil.
- Place Dutch oven in the pre-heated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours; meat should be very tender.
- Shred beef and season with additional salt, if needed.
- Liquid can be reduced, or thickened, to your liking by boiling it down further on the stove-top.