Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, tasty, quick. Enjoy.
- Boil or bake yams until soft but not mushy.
- Let cool or refrigerate overnight.
- Peel and cut yams into pieces about 2 x 1/2 x 1/2.
- Roll yam sticks in sesame seeds, pressing to make seeds stick.
- Sauté in oil for one minute on each side, drain and cool.
- Serve cool or broil briefly to crisp sticks and serve hot.
I made a bunch of these for a party over the weekend. I won't do that again--they went over really well, but the prep work for a quadruple batch took far too long.
This was a nice addition to our pork tenderloin dinner last night. Thanks, Sharon.