Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These have a nice crisp snap (do not freeze)
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups sesame seeds, toasted
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Cream butter, sugar,egg and vanilla.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder.
- Mix to combine.
- Stir in seeds.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Spray with veggie oil.
- drop by small teaspoonfuls, leaving room for spreading.
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on sheet, then remove to rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- (can use other types of seeds- flax- black sesame or white sesame).
A new favorite cookie! Delicious and different, they are so easy to make. I used both black and white sesame seeds which gives an interesting appearance but the same flavor. One caveat: watch out, they burn really quickly! Thank you, Dorothy!