Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great with Asian greens, Asian noodles, sweet potatoes, and even fruit-especially mangoes and citrus. You will love the aroma! Adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml minced ginger
- 1 shallot, finely diced (or 1/2 medium red onion)
- 44.37 ml rice wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 4.92-9.85 ml brown sugar (to taste)
- 66.55 ml dark sesame oil
- 2.46 ml chili oil (if you don't have add some crushed red pepper flakes instead)
- 14.79 ml chopped cilantro (or parsley or finely sliced scallion) (optional)
- Combine the garlic, ginger, and shallot in a small bowl. Cover with the vinegar, and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and sugar, then whisk in the oils.
- Add the cilantro or parsley if desired.
- Taste and adjust the amount of soy sauce and sugar needed. Enjoy!
Awesome dressing! I served it atop a colorful salad of napa cabbage, red cabbage, red bell pepper, carrot and edamame. YUM. I do admit that I gave it a whirl of honey as well as we like our dressing a little sweeter. Thanks Sharon!