Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious and attractive salad perfect for summer entertaining. Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens magazine, April 2005.
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, sliced into strips
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 lb snow peas
- 6 cups watercress (or other leafy greens)
- 2 medium yellow peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Remove chicken from skillet and chill.
- Cook asparagus and snow peas covered in boiling water for 2-4 minutes, or until crisp.
- Drain and rinse.
- Combine and shake all dressing ingredients together.
- Toss in a large bowl: chicken, asparagus, snow peas, watercress, peppers, tomatoes, and dressing.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.