1/5 Photos of Sesame Vegetable Salad
From Woman's Day-Oct. 1996 Note: August 17th, 2011 -- Update: This makes a large salad. I made it in my 4 quart pyrex glass bowl. The dressing makes a 1 1/4 cups, it is tangy from the rice vinegar and has a mustardy, sesame flavor. I made the dressing 3 hours before serving and put in the refrigerator to chill. Added dressing to salad just before serving. My family really enjoyed this and loved the flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup Chinese white rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 inch thick piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark oriental sesame oil
- 2Put first seven ingredients for dressing in a blender or food processor. Process until ginger and garlic finely chopped. Add oil slowly processing until well blended. Put into a jar and refrigerate.
- 4Slice cucumbers and radishes thinly, put into bowl. Shred carrots into bowl.
- 5Add quartered mushrooms and chopped scallions. Mix vegetables. May refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 6Over medium heat toast sesame seeds for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7To Serve:.
- 8Add dressing to vegetables, mix and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Vegetable Salad
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 350.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese white rice vinegar