Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another yummy microwavable side dish.
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, garlic and water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring twice and drain.
- Stir in the butter, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
Made this for Spring PAC 2013 and what an easy and tasty dish. I followed the instructions only adding one small zucchini to the medley. Definately a keeper and one I will make again! Served this with recipe#490573#490573 and garlic mashed red potatoes. Thank you for posting.
GREAT VEGGIE DISH, & I think what did it for me were the toasted seeds! I did use lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P, & I also added the mushrooms for just the last 1 minute or so of microwaving! Definitely a keeper especially with my veggie loving son & DIL! [Made & reviewed as a recipenap in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]
*Reviewed for Aussie NZ July 08 Recipe Swap* Great veges. Quick and simple. The only problem was......everyone wanted more 'cause they were so yum. Thanks for a great quick weeknight vege side. Photo also being posted