Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a quick and delicious side-dish to serve with your Asian themed meal. Or, add chicken, pork, shrimp, etc. to make it a meal in itself.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups snap peas, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fresh udon noodles
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut oil, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce. Close the lid, and shake vigoroulsy to blend. Set aside to let the flavors blend.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add udon noodles, and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, and place in a serving bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the peppers with green onions and peas. Heat in the microwave until warm, but still crisp.
- Add to the noodles in the bowl, and pour dressing over all.
- Toss to coat, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Toasting sesame seeds: Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat. Shake pan or stir occasionally until lightly browned and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
This sauce is amazing!! I have made it several times and I love it. It has become a staple in my house. I use chili oil instead of peanut oil. My favorite is with shrimp and whatever veggies I have; onions and mushrooms, zucchini, sugar snap or snow peas. As other reviewers have said, I also prefer to stir fry the veggies. Thanks for a great recipe!
This was wonderful and so easy to make. I warmed the veggies in the sauce on the stovetop and skipped the microwave step, in order to keep the whole dish warmer (noodles get cold so fast). It was a perfect compliment to teriyaki sea bass.
I scaled back for 2 serves though used a 9oz pack of udon noodles and there was a serve left over from feeding 3 of us and we thoroughly enjoyed what we had and there were 3 very clean plates with only chicken wing bones left, thank you CaribbeanQueen for a delicious side, made for Healthy Choices tag game.