Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
great green tomato recipe
- 1 lb tomatoes, green
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- sesame seeds
- oil (for frying)
- Slice green tomatoes thickly (1/4 inch).
- Beat eggs with soy sauce and add salt and pepper.
- Spread sesame seeds thinly on foil.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- With tongs, dip tomato slices first in egg and soy mixture and then coat thinly with sesame seeds.
- Fry on both sides until sesame seeds are golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
Aussie Swap #66 - these are out of this world! I love Sesame seeds and this was such a delicious and unique twist on "fried green tomatoes"