Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- cooking spray
- 4 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 cups asparagus, 2 inch dice (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- Combine sesame seeds and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the tofu cubes; toss gently to coat.
- Combine oils in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; stir-fry 5 minutes or until tofu is golden. Remove tofu from pan; keep warm.
- Return pan to heat; coat with cooking spray. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add asparagus; stir-fry 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium; stir in green onions.
- Combine broth and next 4 ingredients (broth through garlic sauce). Add broth mixture to pan; remove from heat (sauce will thicken). Add tofu and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss gently to combine. Serve over rice.