Recipe by kelly in TO
I love tofu and soba noodles. This recipe is from "The Eat clean diet" by Tosca Reno.
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lb firm tofu, rinsed and well drained, cut into 21/2-inch x 41/2-inch strips
- 6 quarts water
- 8 ounces dry soba noodles (buckwheat)
- 2 cups arugula, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup green onion, trimmed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce, low sodium
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds (mixed) or 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds (mixed)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine
- 2 tablespoons tamari
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Marinade, mix all ingredients together in a shallow glass baking dish. Place tofu strips in marinade ensuring they are well covered. Refrigerate.
- For the tofu, in a large saucepan bring 6 quarts water to a rolling boil. Cook soba noodles al dente, and rinse and drain.
- Remove tofu from marinade and reserve the marinade to add to the soba noodles. Add argula, green onions, red pepper and black bean sauce to soba noodles.
- Spread sesame seeds on a flat platter or cutting board. Rol tofu slices in the sesame seeds. In a nonstick pan, add 1 teaspoon roasted sesame oil and fry or grill tofu slices until sesame seeds turn golden brown. Remove from pan.
- In a small bowl combine rice win, 1 teaspoon roasted sesame oil and tamari. Whisk until well blended and turn into pan. Warm gently. When heated through add soba noodles. Toss wel.
- Divide noodles among four dinner plates. Divide tofu amount the four plates, arranging neatly beside soba noodles.