Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ok... so I am a little obsessed with Ming Tsai as of late. Just bought his cookbook and have been posting recipes. I love Caesar salad. This recipe is great--no raw egg to worry about.
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 large garlic cloves (about 2 heads)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 6 black olives, pitted
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces silken tofu, drained
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the 2 tablespoons of oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until the garlic is lightly brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a food processor combine the garlic, anchovy fillets, olives, and mustard and purée until smooth. Add the tofu and lemon juice and purée. With the machine running, drizzle in the remaining 2 cups of olive oil and the sesame oil. Correct the seasoning with salt and pepper. Use or store. Lasts 2 weeks, refrigerated.