1/6 Photos of Sesame Tofu
Serve with steamed or sauteed vegetables and brown rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, for dusting
- canola oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 bunch scallion, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1Wrap tofu with paper towels and place on a cutting board.
- 2Put a heavy plate on top to press out liquid for approximately 20 minutes.
- 3Stir sauce ingredients together in a saucepan.
- 4Simmer sauce while you cook the tofu.
- 5Dry drained tofu with paper towels and cube.
- 6Dust very lightly with cornstarch.
- 7Heat 1" oil in deep frying pan.
- 8Fry tofu in 350 degree F oil until golden brown.
- 9Place fried tofu in a large bowl and toss with 2/3 cup sauce, sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds and scallions.
- 10Toss gently.
- 11Serve remaining sauce for dipping or drizzled over vegetables.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 788.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar