Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve with steamed or sauteed vegetables and brown rice
Make and share this Sesame Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch, for dusting
- canola oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 bunch scallion, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely minced gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- 1 -2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- Wrap tofu with paper towels and place on a cutting board.
- Put a heavy plate on top to press out liquid for approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir sauce ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Simmer sauce while you cook the tofu.
- Dry drained tofu with paper towels and cube.
- Dust very lightly with cornstarch.
- Heat 1" oil in deep frying pan.
- Fry tofu in 350 degree F oil until golden brown.
- Place fried tofu in a large bowl and toss with 2/3 cup sauce, sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Toss gently.
- Serve remaining sauce for dipping or drizzled over vegetables.
Awesome recipe, truly five star. My family absolutely adores this dish. We've been eating it for a while. Yummy!
I love this recipe! It is so easy to make and absolutely delicious! Thanks for posting it!
I wanted to update my review. I have found that if the tofu is cut too small they become hard which was my only issues last time I made this. Also, I like to add a little cornstarch to the sauce to help it thicken. I'll upload a photo but when I made it the other night I didn't have sesamee seeds. It is a great recipe tho and I'm glad I made it again. Origional Review: This was very good. I doubled the tofu and the sauce. I cooked the tofu then removed and set aside while I cooked some broccoli in the same pan. I mixed all the sauce ing. together and when the broccoli was done I added the tofu and the sauce and tossed until it was thickened and served with Jasimine rice. I used 1/2 tsp pepper flakes and I that was pleanty for us. The only thing I will change next time is how I do the tofu. I like to coat the tofu with beaten egg and then the cornstarch and then fry in veg. oil. Without the egg it was a little too crispy and kind of strange to us. I'll make it again with my changes. Thanks for posting.