Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve with steamed or sauteed vegetables and brown rice
Make and share this Sesame Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch, for dusting
- canola oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 bunch scallion, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely minced gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- 1 -2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- Wrap tofu with paper towels and place on a cutting board.
- Put a heavy plate on top to press out liquid for approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir sauce ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Simmer sauce while you cook the tofu.
- Dry drained tofu with paper towels and cube.
- Dust very lightly with cornstarch.
- Heat 1" oil in deep frying pan.
- Fry tofu in 350 degree F oil until golden brown.
- Place fried tofu in a large bowl and toss with 2/3 cup sauce, sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Toss gently.
- Serve remaining sauce for dipping or drizzled over vegetables.
Awesome recipe, truly five star. My family absolutely adores this dish. We've been eating it for a while. Yummy!
I love this recipe! It is so easy to make and absolutely delicious! Thanks for posting it!
Yum, this turned out excellent! I cooked it in a cast iron pan and served it tossed with brocolli and white rice. It was kind of like honey sesame chicken but with tofu. I used super firm tofu and pressed it in the fridge for 24 hours.