1/1 Photo of Sesame Toffee
From an excellent cookbook, The Canadian Living Christmas Book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread sesame seeds on baking sheet; bake in 350F oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- 2Reserve half of the seeds; sprinkle remaining seeds over well-greased 13x9 cake pan; set aside.
- 3In saucepan, bring butter, sugars and water to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 4Cook, stirring often, until candy thermometer reaches soft-crack stage of 285F and when 1/2 tsp syrup dropped into very cold water separates into threads that are hard but not brittle.
- 5Immediately remove from heat; stir in baking soda.
- 6Pour over sesame seeds in prepared pan; let cool 5 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with reserved sesame seeds, pressing lightly into toffee.
- 8Let cool until firm; break into pieces.
- 9Store toffee between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; keeps for about 1 month.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (728 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 77.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g