Makes an excellent accompaniment to hummus or other spread. I just discovered that I love dipping them into garlic/onion flavored cream cheese. I also love them with soups. Sesame oil gives these crackers a strong, nutty taste. If you want a milder cracker, substitute shortening for some of the oil. Yield 6 dozen crackers. (From King Arthur Flour's Baking Companion)
- Toast the sesame seeds in a 350F oven for 10 to 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine seeds, flours and salt.
- Add oil, stir until the mixture comes together.
- Add just enough water (a tablespoon at a time) to form a workable dough.
- Divide dough into three equal portions.
- Roll one portion, until it's very thin (about 1/16 inch thick).
- Cut dough into desired shape (s)- use a wine glass/cookie cutter or a pizza wheel.
- Transfer them to parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake the crackers for 25-30 mins, until they're beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove them from oven and transfer to a rack to cool.