Recipe by Mercy
Sweet potato wedges with a Thai-inspired dipping sauce. Great as an appetizer or side dish.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Excellent! We loved the potatoes and the peanut sauce, this was a great combination. As I didn't have the chilis I used some sweet chili sauce. Also I used natural style peanut butter with a little drop of maple syrup added. Thanks for posting!
Made for September Tailgating Party / Diabetes Forum
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, unpeeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- sea salt
- coarsely chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 red serrano chili, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange potato wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle wedges with the olive and sesame oil, sesame seeds and salt.
- Roast 35 minutes, or until tender.
- Puree peanut butter, lime juice, chili, soy sauce, ketchup and 1/4 cup warm water until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper then transfer to a pan and heat over a low flame until warm.
- Sprinkle wedges with cilantro. Serve with dipping sauce.