Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is really quite good. Unusual. It can be used as a veggie dip (especially with carrots or cauliflower), on crackers or as a sandwich spread.
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a frying pan, toast the sesame seeds until golden. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and cook onion and garlic until softened.
- Add peas, sherry and salt. Cover; reduce heat to low and cook until peas are soft. Stir in lemon juice and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, puree peas. Add sesame seeds and process until blended. Serve chilled.