Recipe by HOUSEMANAGER (Charlene)
Asian grilled chicken thighs basted with a sweet, sticky sesame sauce, these "legs" are Mmm.. Mmm.. good! Taking a cue from those master chefs the Podleski sisters, I have compiled a collection of taste sensations starting with this one. And guess what else? It's low fat! (Overnight marinade time is not included in prep time).
- 12 pieces skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- ARRANGE chicken pieces in a shallow glass dish.
- TOAST sesame seeds by placing them in a small skillet over medium heat and shaking the pan until they turn golden; cool them completely before using.
- COMBINE all remaining ingredients in a small bowl (reserving about a ½ cup) and pour over chicken being sure to coat both sides with marinade; cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight alongside with the reserved ½ cup portion.
- PREPARE grill temperature to medium-hot; remove chicken from marinade and grill for about 10 minutes per side being careful not to burn them; brush frequently with the reserved portion of marinade.
- SERVE hot over your favorite rice or choice of accompaniment.