Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Asian grilled chicken thighs basted with a sweet, sticky sesame sauce, these "legs" are Mmm.. Mmm.. good! Taking a cue from those master chefs the Podleski sisters, I have compiled a collection of taste sensations starting with this one. And guess what else? It's low fat! (Overnight marinade time is not included in prep time).
- 12 pieces skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ARRANGE chicken pieces in a shallow glass dish.
- TOAST sesame seeds by placing them in a small skillet over medium heat and shaking the pan until they turn golden; cool them completely before using.
- COMBINE all remaining ingredients in a small bowl (reserving about a ½ cup) and pour over chicken being sure to coat both sides with marinade; cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight alongside with the reserved ½ cup portion.
- PREPARE grill temperature to medium-hot; remove chicken from marinade and grill for about 10 minutes per side being careful not to burn them; brush frequently with the reserved portion of marinade.
- SERVE hot over your favorite rice or choice of accompaniment.
The sesame sweet legs are very tasty..great way to use chicken thighs..as there does not seem to be many good recipes for chicken thighs.
This recipe deserves an automatic 5 stars! The first time that I made this recipe, I used 7 chicken legs quarters and I had gone out for the evening. When I got home, my husband and our exchange student had eaten every single morsel!! I didn't even have a chance to sample it! This time I made sure that I got a taste and this recipe is wonderful! I love the flavours of the marinade. I put the marinade into a ziploc bag and froze the pieces in it so that it could marinade as it defrosted overnight in the fridge. I did bake it instead of grilling but I will try the grill next time! Thanks for posting this, it's sure to become a family favourite!